Friday, April 29, 2005

TQM - Problems made problem

Yesterday, was preparing for the TQM exam with very much anxiety. How do I remember all these headings and points? I rushed on pages and loaded the maximux in memory!
I knew p,u,c,x bar charts alone.

Morning 9:50..ten more minutes left. I just gave an onece-over on 5th Unit.
I was unable to recollect even a single point from 5th unit, espeacially which I had left "ISO900, ISO14000 requirements." I think there were 8 headings and with their nested subheadings.

10:0 entered into exam hall (ITP-G22 hall, where is it?, Oops! its opposite to my class room)

10:05 I started glancing the question paper. To my great humour, there I saw
2 problems.. I cooled down myself. 11th problem looked simpler. Its all about
mean & standard deviation..so I just solved..(surprise comes next..), then
looked at 13th(not sure) question..there were 2 problems as alternatives.
10 marks out! Ok, next go to 15th. Woff! Whats this ISO9000 & ISO14000?
Every thing went off. Nothing comes to the mind..except few points...
I was fighting as weaponless fellow in 3Hrs war.

At last it happened! Yes, it became 1'o clock. Got out of the exam hall.
(Here follows the surprise ) I smiled & said my friends, "I have done 11 sum well. Got 12.5 as mean... & 90 % for another quest", "Hey, we too...12.5 & 90%". I felt happy..with them...Someone came immediately and shouted "Who are all getting 12.5 & 90% ?", we replied "We ...guys!(with guts)",he continues.."All you missed 10 Marks..your calculation is correct, but ...the formulaw is wrong". he, he ...the joyest ticks gone away...and at last, we pray "Anna" to save as all.

Hoping to pass !! :-)

2 comments:

Archana Raghupathy said...

thats really true.. TQM .. ruined things... hope we pass.. praying to get thru that hurdle in College life :-S

Archana Raghupathy said...

chk this link
http://homepages.ius.edu/MAVERNIA/K300/Notes/2-5.pdf
page number 5 for the formula for the TQM compulsory problem, i did it wrong and i knew there is another method, i couldnt resist frm googling. Hope this wil enrich our knowledge :)