Monday, April 11, 2005

Bagging up mani@172.16.42.200 and mani@172.16.46.200

"Each beginning has its end. Otherwise it ends itself", I do remember these words, from some one's email signature.I think that, it should be 3 years long, since I have been working on these Linux servers. That time it was Redhat7.3 and I had my loing on 172.16.42.200.

Days rolled out, technology is changed... also the last moments have come to go out of the servers.

I do feel sentimental relation-ship with these servers...I see myself, that some one who takes care of these servers ... by the way of pinging ...load mesuring ....hacking...benchmarking ..and etc.

"How do I express the feelings between a computer and a human?"

This evening, I was busily working on 42. XForwarding was disabled in 46. Also, they cut-down the ssh service in 46. I was cleaning up my area in 42. I saw hell a lot of things listed in my directory. I decided to categorize them ...when I issued 'du -sh ' command...surprisingly....I saw the server took much pain to calculate my area size!.
This is the only witness for my work in past 3 years. I think that it should be more than 1.5 GB. (The server may take easy breath, when my space is removed :) who knows!)

But, this back up work is not a matter of hours or day..will take a long time. Today, spent aroung 1 and 1/2 hrs to remove the *.txt,*.gif,*.java,*.class,*.htm(l),*.tar.gz,*.zip,*.png *.c. *.o' s. I Will have to shift them to CD.
Lets see how goes tomorrow.

No comments: