Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Diversification or Expertise?

Diversification or Expertise?

I often puzzled with this topic! What seems paramount in one's career?. I think that this question is applicable for any kind of professional domains. Let me think about my community alone, I mean this computer community.
I see continuous steady divergents in my career by technically & non-technically. Also this may be due to some mandatories or the immediacy of situtations or even the attraction towards some hot technologies.
Whatever may be!. Now I ask to my conscience. At last, what I have gained so far? What am I known for? (for diversifications :-)? ). This might be the billion dollar quesion on everyone's active brain!

Diversification?

I do agree with the term 'diversification'.As a student, having fresh brain, I didnt wish to restrict myself on some kind of computer stuffs alone. I have been exploring various nooks & corners of this computer technology and all I conclude is, I have surpassed a very little. This technolgy diversification is must for knowing the relation between various tiers and also will be helpful to work as individual. This kind of diversification really helped me to seek ideas for big problems & to plan for big solutions. Yes, I do agree with my ethics "Student should not be built for any corporate or as mender for any technology. They should know that there are many things behind this 'LPA' and 'White Collar' jobs "

Expertise?

I think that I am often worrying about this question, when I am trying a job. Since, there might be some position, that I have to mould myself to fit into. This time, I go behind the tail of some technology....then become disinterested & uninterested. All these are spoiling my career in some way.....
I have always been trying to fulfil this stand-off between the interest and career. Expertise is important, but it paints one's career with some color. Any way expertise brings light on one's window...but how far is the matter.

So, whats at last?

"Expertise is essential. Be an expert. But, still have the passion to learn, interest to diversify"

No comments: