Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fastest Ride on road, ever!

I was so excited to ride my bike towards home. I had planned to take my bike to home. So, I loaded the bike into a Volvo. I got down from Volvo, 80 k.m away form home. Decided to ride. I think it was NH-45, if I am not wrong.

I revved up the engine, and picked up high speed on the road. Here goes all the fun!
It was very morning 7:15 AM. I started from Dindigal bye-pass road. I was very sure about the route. There is a junction, just after Dindigal town. It separates NHes. So, I was riding so fast to reach the junction. Seems, people were working on repairing the roads. So, they kept lots of ‘Take Diversion’ boards. I was going so fast, so, I took quick cuts, as soon I saw the boards. After passing ahead some kilometers, I had a slight doubt whether I was going in right direction. Because, I did not have seen the junction that far! One stranger on the road, made it sure that I was going in wrong route! I asked that guy why I didn’t reach the junction even after riding about 5 km. He said that the ‘Take Diversion’ boards should have misguided me! (There is a joke in tamil movie: Vivek is searching for his interview venue, but he is misrouted to Tirupati!, because of ‘Take Diversion’ boards). At least in my case, I went only for 5 km in wrong direction. (At least, I am lucky that I was not misrouted to Kanyakumari!)

The road was so neat and wide that anyone would drive mad. I am too not an exempt, but not a mad. In my childhood, I traveled many times on the roads by corporation buses. But, they were slow sometimes. I was wondering why not they could be fast on free NH roads.

But, now I am doing it. I was overtaking any vehicle running in front of me. I remember I was driving at 80kmph continuously for 15 minutes, and crossed about 20 km within 15 minutes.
Averaging the speed at 70 to 75 kmph, I passed ahead of 75 km within 1 hour 10 minutes. Our corporation buses take 2 to 2 and half hours to cross the same distance.

I should say, I got so excited at this ride. The white bars on the road were going back so faster; the trees were going back; I felt like I was, kind of flying alone; I realized every tree, plant, on the road was happy! I wanted to still ride, even after reaching home.

Facts behind the ride:

  • It is the fastest journey on earth in my life. (Volvos, Sadapdhi express couldn’t win! :-))
  • It took 1 hour and 7 minutes to cross 77 Km (Including break). Most of the time hitting 80+ kmph, and averaging at the speed at 75 kmph.
  • I overtook all the vehicles hit at my eye-sight. No other vehicle overtook me! 
  • I was listening to the music, while driving for the whole 75 km. (I had to take care of vehicles coming/going in the front only. No need to look back! Because, I am sure, no body is going to come closer to me in that speed)
  • I have not set my front mirrors, during the ride. – (reason is same as above)
  • I was trying to take a right-cut at full speed, the bike was about to skid, I controlled it (just like it happens always!)
  • By reading this post, do not conclude that I am a mad driver. I am very careful at driving, you won’t believe that! :)

No comments: