Friday, October 27, 2006

Kodaikanal: A meet, A trip.



Kodaikanal

A meet

Yes, this hill resort is best viewable from my house’s terrace. But, I’ve never been to.
Btw, I got a chance to meet few of my schoolmates together at these holidays. We decided to plan a trip to somewhere – where we can sit comfortably and chat.

A trip

It was 22nd Oct 2006, Sun 06:00 AM. We hired a call taxi, and flagged off the trip. We were six in numbers. Usually, I do watch the routes while traveling to places. I was making thousands of routing calculations to reach the place. But, the driver was smart enough to break my mathematics and proved his experience! He showed me lots of short cuts which would help in reaching the place very faster.

Dum Dum Rock

His words were true. It was 06:35 AM while our car hit the foot hill. The first spot, we stopped at, is ‘Dum Dum rock’ – a view point. It was an exciting sight; there was a water-fall in distance, which should be more than 500 feet tall! It was like a white light in greenish Western Ghat Mountains – For me, telling someone how the sight excited me was like telling them how a song should make them feel! :-)

Silver Falls

The car sped off on the hill-way. Next stop point was ‘Silver falls’. The name matches with the place’s beauty! It was wonderful to see the waterfall in the bright morning. We took lots of snaps there and around.

The top

I couldn’t resist myself from controlling an unwanted fear while topping the hills J I wondered to realize that I was standing on 2000 feet! Chillness spread over me in and out.

The lake view

The lake view was not that much attractive. Usually, I don’t like greenish water, since it is impure! :)

Pillar Rock

Then, Pillar Rock. Again a falls. My friend told me to notice a ‘cross’ symbol/statute on the very top of the falls. I asked my friends and some of the tourists what was it and who placed it on the heights. But, I didn’t receive any reasonable answers from anyone. (Yes, I didn’t ask Mr. Google yet!)

Guna Cave

They had made a fence around the cave. I’ve heard lots of stories about it already. I just glanced the cave from distance, with a little fear. One tourist guide was explaining to his tourists, “This cave is formed as gap between mountains and it is a 900+ feet hole. If anybody falls into this, usually the rescuers take a day or two to locate the person!” Oops, let’s leave this place! J

Suicide Point

I’ve never seen such a hollow space in my life before. I saw some mountains and falls below my feet! One of the tourists threw a plastic plate, but it was pumped up to 1 mtr towards sky and then went down deep! :D

In few minutes, the clouds and white midst rouse up and hide the place form view. It was white to look at anywhere down.

Something stoke at mind and it was, “The Sky is falling” :)

Park

It was around 5:30 PM while we entered in. The places were completely arrested by light midst. My hands were so chill and my mouth was smoking without cigarettes! J We took lots of snaps to washout the battery charge. And it turned dark.

We came back to home and it was 7:50 PM. Still the chillness stays with me.

(I’ll post the snaps after sometimes)

No comments: