Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Why Ejb?, Jdk6.0 features

I often think of the situtation to use Ejb. Still I never had a chance to assist ejb code in anywhere. Java people recommend Ejb, when the project scope is really complex and in Enterprise level. Unwanted usage of EJb results in performance, effort & money lost. Surprisingly they say, some alternatives are tried to replace the Ejbs. One more problem with j2ee is integration of different language & s/w. This makes me lazy in learning Ejb. I just touch Ejb, when I have free time & no interest in touching it alone.


theserversid.com lists the new features in Mustang (jdk6).
*embedded Rhino (Javascript) interpreter,
* extending java.io.File to discover free disk space,
* an embedded light weight HTTP server,
* XML Digital Signatures API,
* JAX-WS 2.0, JAXB 2,
* JDBC 4, JMX 1.3,
and a user-requested improvements and big fixes.

But, I see Java is losing its standards...by the name 'flexibility' :-)

No comments: