Friday, June 10, 2005

Google defines a computer guy's Skill!

Prp gets over today. I was net reading about Internet traffic (added the link in my home). Thanks to google, to get me this much explanation. Also, got a chance to explore google opportunities (We are hiring!). I have seen this already. I saw the skill sets they requested. Really, these are the skill sets I often think of :)

I just copy & paste the list:

* People with broad knowledge and expertise in many different areas of
* computer science and mathematics, including distributed systems,
* operating systems, data mining, information retrieval, machine
* learning, performance optimization, algorithms, user interface design,
* statistical inference and information theory, and related areas.
* People with world-class programming skills.
* People with excellent communication and organizational skills.
* People who are passionate about their work and are great colleagues.
* People who enjoy working in a high-energy, unstructured environment on
* very small project teams to build amazing products used by millions of
* people every day.
* People with diverse interests and skills.

Oops! This is what the engineering skill! .Each & every computer engineer should have to go through this list! But, they mention long experience (with atleast a PhD!). Also, I am inspired by the comment given by a google guy:
"It's fantastic to come straight out of school and build something that's used
by millions of people." - Lauren, Software Engineer

Yes, Really! challenges make the life meaningful.

No comments: