Tuesday, May 29, 2007

How to top on search results?



It is interesting to find our names listed in Google search result. I do often search my name in Google, and see how many number of results it returns.

222 results for my name:
-------------------------------
For the search string “Manivannan Palanichamy” (my full name), it returns 222 results. (Almost all are technical forums, mailing lists, where I post my queries and answer )


My home page is ranked 4th
--------------------------------
For the search string, “Manivannan” , my home page (http://geocities.com/manivannan57 ) is listed in 4th place. It was in I st place, few month ago. I’ve not reserved a domain on my name. If you want your website to be top listed on search results, then better you reserver a domain name similar to the search keyword. For example, for a search keyword, "manivannan", the first match would be, manivannan.com, manivannan.in and etc. \


These people give reference to my home page:
------------------------------------------------

Reference link is very important. More the people refer you, more the importance your website gains!

  1. http://rahul.rec.dgp.googlepages.com/sunexaminationlinks
  2. http://prabhuvenkatachalam.tripod.com/certify_link.html
  3. http://www.gelsana.com/RMI%20JAVA%20EXAMPLE.htm
  4. http://csivakumar.blogspot.com/ (My college mate)

3 comments:

Manikanda kumar said...

I too search my name often in Google after i started blogging. Just curious to see whether my blog is Crawled by Google or not. When i search my name, the first 7 results return my blog entries.

I also have enabled Google Search History, where my top query is my name ;-)

I do not post that frequently in Forums, instead i use lots of Web2.0 services like Digg, Furl, del.icio.us. My tag 'manikandakumar' gives me 1370 results.

Nevertheless, it is very motivating to see our name Google search results. :-)

Manivannan P said...

thats true mani. Google ranking algorithm is ultimate; it should go on its way, and one should not try to manipulate it.

Admin said...

This is the best post ever, will like to read more from you.
I came across some race horse and a camel supplements for pre race stimulant and anti inflammation. Here you can see more
Buy Poison 15ml Online
Buy Kynoselen 100ml Online
Buy Bio blocker 100ml Online
Order Fluvet 50ml Online
Buy Diurizone 50ml Online
Buy Dexarace 20ml Online
Buy Dexapheylarthrite Online
Dexacortyl 100ml Horse Camel Supplements
Buy Dexa-Chlorid 50ml online you can as well whatsapp text +1(415)237-3209 , wickr: maxme007 or email:miradukes6@gmail.com for more details