Sunday, July 16, 2006

lastWeek.replay()

It's a week since I posted my last blog. I was not busy, but lazy :). Here is just a replay of the things went around last week:


The 3rd ‘Head First’

The list of technical books, I have read and been reading from the past 6 to 7 months:

1. Sun Certified Java Programmer and Developer [finished]
2. Head First Servlets & JSP [finished]
3. Head First EJB [finished]
4. Struts in Action [finished]
5. Jakarta Struts Cook Book [half]
6. Oracle 9i : The Complete Reference [little bit!]
7. Head First Design Pattern [Just geared ]

Out of all, Head First EJB is the most unforgettable technical book, which turned me laughing while reading some serious technical stuffs! It's absolutely a ‘Brain-Friendly’ technical book, a non-stop page turner and doesn’t make tired at all.

It'll be great, if every technical book can present the stuffs in the way the Head First Series present. (Of course, we don’t need to insure our brains!)

Then, I'm getting stared with the 3rd Head First, that’s on Design Patterns.

Yahoo mail goes cool!

I activated 'Yahoo mail's Beta' for my account. My request was in queue and just got activated two days back. Yahoo mail beta is just like outlook.

The highlights are

1. Tabbed windows (for reading/replying/composing mails at a time).
2. Dragging and Dropping mails to folders.
3. RSS subscription option! (pretty cool. it works with other RSS feeds, but, when I tried subscribing to my blogspot url (http://manivannan57.blogspot.com/rss.xml), it didnt accept. Any cold war between Y! and G? :) )

Yahoo mail beta's demo flash is here: http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/us/


Imsai Arasan 23rd Puligesi






I was expecting it from the day they begun the film. At last, went to the film during this week end. For the first hour, it is boring some what. When the war is announced (against Puligesi), theatre blasts in laugh! Then, couldn’t able to control laughing till the end.

It may remain a mile stone in Vadivelu's career. Congrats.

Kallikaattu Ithigasam

In 2003, I had this book with me. Had read few chapters. Then, didn’t get chance to continue it.
Now got the book and started reading back. I have gotta write something about it. I will drop a post here after I complete it.

Thanks to jeya, who committed to complete the book in a week's time, completed as said, and gave it to me :)

2 comments:

Sumithra said...

Hey, thanks for answering all my questions.:D

Hmm..So, you managed to get the tickets after all. And I think, I had that book too. Don't know where it is now though..

Manivannan P said...

welcome sunshine. Yeah, the film was good; I completed reading the book too :); Fabulous one!

Blogspot was blocked by Indian ISPs [as Govt ordered]. I worried I lost all my posts! That didnt happen anyway :)