Saturday, January 15, 2005

Visit to Madurai.

Today evening I had a visit to Madurai with my friend. Its almost 4 yrs since the last visit. I notice some changes when compared to 4 yrs back.

We had a walk towards Meenakshi temple along Nethaji Road. Amazingly, the road was traffic free today. Then, we reached the temple gate and entered inside. I decided to be careful and not missing my friend. I think that this was the first time I was able to go round the temple with out any guidance of any body.
What people spent to wake up this much big towers ?

Madurai corporation has framed a rule insisting that height of any building/hotels/house should not exceed the height of the Meenakshi temple's towers .Thus The temple holds its pristine glories over centuries.

I was able to realize the divinity flowing inside the temple. I sat at Sundareswarar Dhyna mandapam and closed the eyes for moments. Then, we sat at the steps of Theppakkulam, which was located at the center of temple.

" The temple is built by Pandian in ....." so goes an inscription. I strongly believe that these people should be the finest architects and artists.


1 comment:

vineshkumar said...

nice posting

nice collection

Madurai Hotels